1. Although some people believe it is unreasonable for professional athletes to be raking in so much money, I believe that their high remuneration is justified for several reasons.
必背词汇：rake in大量汇集财富，如rake in large amounts of money捞进大笔大笔的钱
2. One reason that athletes’ incomes are justifiable is that sports brings great joy and happiness to millions of people around the world.
解说：existing or done for good reason, and therefore acceptable可证明是正当的
Millions大量：I still have a million things to do.我还有很多很多的事情要做。
There were millions of people there.那里摩肩接踵。
3. Another reason that athletes deserve high salaries is that they have risen to the top of their profession. In reality, only a small percentage of athletes are able to rise to the upper level.
解说：词句话没有难点单词，注意deserve这个词用法即可。如You deserve a rest after all that hard work.辛苦劳累那么久，你该休息一下了。
One player in particular deserves a mention.有一名运发起特别值得褒扬。
4. Finally, the high incomes of athletes are also warranted by their contribution to the economy.
5. In mainland China, monthly incomes in excess of 100,000yuan are taxed at a rate of 45percent.
6. These extra tax revenues can be invested back into the economy to support education, healthcare and other important sectors.
7. As much as I personally don’t like to see professional athletes, many of whom have little education, make exorbitant salaries, I do think that these salaries are justified based on economic principles, such as supply and demand. If consumers are still willing to pay the price for tickets, team-logo sportswear,etc, then the demand does exist.
解说：exorbitant(of price)much too high，如Prices are exorbitantly high in this shop.这家商店的价钱高得离谱。
参考资料：Matthew Trueman/100 Topics for TEM8 Writing