1. Talk about advantages and/or disadvantages of children playing computer games小孩子玩电子游戏有advantage 也有 disadvantage，分别說說并给出例子。
2, Some people use products without reading the instruction, others read instruction before using . Which one do you think is better? product 有說明书，你会看說明书运用,还是自己研究怎么用。
3. Reading: Students need to move out from an on-campus dorm because the building will be used as the faculty house. The school gives reasons: (1) There is no enough house for faculty on the campus. (2) Faculty can live close to workplace. Listening: Male student disagree for 2 reasons: (1) He lives in that dorm and he feels it is very convenient because it is close to cafeteria and students center. (2) Faculty won't like living on campus because they can find other spacious place to live in the town. They all have cars, so they like driving to work.
听力：学生不同意。理由一、說那个central area 很方便，又有咖啡厅啥的，老师们又不需要，住在那裡浪费呀。理由二、老师在town 裡能够找到更好的房子，而且他们都有車，來学校很方便，基本不care 你的faculty house。
4. Reading: Plant has priming ability. Plant can have reaction in order to protect itself when it get damages byinsects. When it gets damages first time, the time of reaction is very long. But the second time, it can react much
Lecture: Professor gives one example: Leaves of the tobacco can release chemicals when they are eaten by caterpillars. But the first time, it takes several weeks to release. During these period of time, caterpillars have eaten a lot. But the second time that the leaves are eaten by caterpillar, they will release chemicals very fast(several hours? 似乎說是 hours).
听力：教授就举了例子說tobacco 的葉子容易被毛毛虫吃，第一次毛毛虫attack 它时，它就会produce special chemical 來维护自己，但是这要经过couple weeks 才干生效，然后毛虫不吃它了。几个月之后毛虫又來吃葉子了，这次tobacco 就能快速的分泌这种chemical，所以就不会像第一次那样被吃掉那么多了。
5. 男生遇到艰难，說找到了off campus apartment，但一个问题是離学校远，男生有足够钱买車，他看了2手車，价钱affordable，但他积存不多，不会有多余的钱去看电影、音樂会;第二个处置方式，能够坐bus，bus 站離住处比较近---(这裡还有其他内容，没记住)但bus runs very early in the morning, and he is not a morning person. 描画男生的问题，并推荐一个选择给他。
6. 科学家对 successful people 做了调查，发现他们都有制定goal。然后就剖析goal 和 success 的关係，而这个goal 要有2 个因素才干招致胜利：(1) specific：举例是one people set having a car within a year as a goal. 然后說这个 goal too general to be achieved. 假如这个人的目的裡肯定了a specific model type and theprice of a car，他就能够完成这个目的。(2) realistic：举例是一个人目的是一晚上讀100 页书，这个是impossible goal，所以不会完成，但肯定1 周讀 100 页书，就realistic，能够完成。