1. What is the relationship between the two speakers?
A. Mother and son. B. Husband and wife. C. Neighbors.
2. When does the conversation take place?
A. At night. B. In the afternoon. C. In the morning.
3. What does the woman speaker think of the drink?
A. Delicious. B. Containing something harmful. C. Smelly.
4. When was the shop open?
A. From Tuesday to Saturday. B. From Monday to Friday. C. On weekends.
5. How many persons worked totally in the shop?
A. 2. B. 3. C. 4.
6. What can we learn about Jim?
A. He could buy anything ahead of others because he was a regular customer (老顾客).
B. He often helped in the shop as a volunteer.
C. He often came to the shop and seldom bought those donations (捐赠品).
7. According to the woman, what will happen if you lose a book?
A. You will have to pay for it.
B. You will look for it on the shelf.
C. You will be fined $10.
8. What did the man do to the book?
A. He lost the book somewhere.
B. He threw away the book in a plastic bag.
C. He searched out the book in the library.
9. What mistake did the librarians make?
A. They didn’t place the book where it belongs.
B. They forgot to make a record of its having been returned.
C. They forgot to check the number with their records.
听下面一段独白，请依据标题要求，从所听到的内容中获取必要的信息，填入标号为10 ~ 15的空格中。听录音前，你将有10秒钟的阅题时间，录音读两遍。你将有60秒钟的作答时间。
Amazing Buildings around the World
The building’s nameThe 101-story Shanghai World (10) _____________ Center
observation deckThe (11) _____________ in the world
Open to the publicThree thousand people went to see the site on (12) ____________.
The heightUnder (13) _____________: more than 549 meters
Final height: a closely (14) _____________ secret
StatisticsSix among the ten world’s tallest buildings are (15) ___________.
Ⅱ 完形填空 (共15小题;每小题1.5分，满分22.5分)
On August 26, 1999, New York City was struck by a terrible rainstorm. The rain caused the streets to 16 and the subway system almost came to a stop.
Unfortunately, this happened during the morning 17 hour. Many people who were going to work were 18 to go home. Some battled to 19 a taxi or to get on a bus. Still others 20 the storm bravely, walking miles to get to work.
I happened to be one of the people on the way to work that morning. I went from subway line to subway line only to find that most 21 had stopped. After making my way through crowds of people, I finally found a subway line that was 22 . Unfortunately, there were so many people waiting to 23 the subway that I could not even get down the stairs to the 24 . So I took the train going in the 25 direction, and then switched back to the downtown train. Finally, after what seemed like forever, the train 26 my stop. Then I had to walk several blocks in the increasingly heavy rain. When I finally got to my office, I was 27 through, exhausted and discouraged.
My co-workers and I spent most of the day drying off. When it was 5:00 pm，I was ready to go home. I was about to 28 off my computer when I received an email from Garth, my Director:
I would like to thank all of you who made the 29 and eventually reported to work. It is always reassuring (令人欣慰的), at times like these, when employees so clearly show their attention and devotion to their 30 . Thank you.
16. A. breakB. floodC. sinkD. crash
17. A. rushB. workC. businessD. office
18. A. forcedB. refusedC. invitedD. gathered
19. A. orderB. payC. callD. search
20. A. showedB. fought C. brokeD. faced
21. A. practiceB. routineC. processD. service
22. A. operatingB. actingC. turningD. rushing
23. A. checkB. getC. boardD. find
24. A. streetB. groundC. floorD. platform
25. A. differentB. oppositeC. changedD. right
26. A. pausedB. crossedC. reachedD. parked
27. A. wetB. hungryC. angryD. cold
28. A. payB. getC. turnD. put
29. A. ruleB. effortC. promiseD. model
30. A. computersB. livesC. actions D. jobs