小学英语《Welcome to Africa》
《Welcome to Africa》主要教学过程及板书设计
Step 1 Warming-up and Lead-in
1. Greeting the students with “nice to see you again”.
2. Ask about some students about their experiences of vacations in other countries.
Step 2 Pre-reading
Show students a picture of Africa on the PPT and ask some students what they can see in the picture.
The teacher will guide the students to think about the people and what they are doing in the picture.TheThe conclude their opinions and show them the new words of: farmer; vet; ice cream man.
Step 3 while-reading
1. Fast reading
The teacher asks the students to read the passage fast and try to answer the following questions according to the passage.
What is the main idea of the passage?
What do the people do in the passage?
What are the people doing in the passage?
2. Careful reading
The teacher asks the students to read the passage carefully and complete the True or False questions:
(1) The farmers are planting corn. ( )
(2) The vet doesn’t like animals. ( )
(3) My father is an ice cream man. ( )
1. Listen to the radio carefully and pay attention to the pronunciation and intonation.
2. Ask several students to role-play the conversation in groups of 2 in front of the class.
3. After their play, other students give their evaluations on their plays, and the teacher make a comment.
Step5 Summary and Homework
Summary: Ask some students what they have learned in this class and the teacher make a summary.
1. Retell the conversation to your friends in your own words.
2. Search more jobs on the internet and share them in the next class.