1. I’d like something to read . Would you please pass me the_______﹖
A. pen B. box C. ruler D. book
2. ——How many___can you see in the following pictures﹖ ——Three .
A. boys B. animals C. films D. buildings
3. The evening of May 31_____the 2002 FIFA World Cup started in South Korea.
A. On B. At C. Of D. In
4.China became a WTO member _______December 11th, 2001.
A. in B. at C. of D. on
5.__a cold morning。I opened the window and was glad to find that it was snowing outside.
A. By B. In C. At D. On
6.Yang Liwei said that he ______ his motherland.
A. is proud of D. was proud of
C. is the pride as D. was the pride as
7. Everyone in China regarded Yang Liwei ______ one of the country ______.
A. for, hero B. for, hero C. as, hero D. as, heroes
9. Chinas first team of astronauts are all able of working and living in space ______ five years of hard training.
A. because B. with the help of C. for D. thanks to
10. Many countries are ______ closer cooperation with China in developing space technology.
A. interesting, in B. interested, in C. interesting, at D. interested, at
11. What’s that? It’s _______ apple.
A. / B. a C. the D. an
12. What are they? They are _______.
A. teachers B. twins C. good boy D. English.
13. Is the cat ________ the door? No, it isn’t. It’s ________ the desk.
A.behind, under B. in, on C. under, at D. over, behind
14.The earth looks ______.
A. beautiful B. beauty C. beautifully D. more beautiful
15..We usually have a football match ________ Sunday.
A. in B. on C. at D. to
16. Manned space flight is the greatest achievement of the human race in ______ century.
A. twenty-one B. twenty-first C. twentieth-one D. the twenty-first
17.—There ________ a lot of meat on the plate. Would you like some?
—Just a little, please.
A. is B. are C. am D. be
18.Of all the students, Linda draws ________ carefully .
A. very B. much C. more D. most
19.—What is Mum doing now? —She ________ some clothes.
A. washes B. is washing C. washed D. has washed
20.There isn’t ________ water in the glass. Let’s go and get some.
A. many B. lots C. any D. some
21.Tomorrow’s meeting is very important. Please ask them ________ there on time.
A. go B. going C. to go D. went
22.—Why are you walking to school?
—Because my ________ is broken.
A. radio B. watch C. bike D. bag
23.Betty didn’t come to school yesterday ________ she was ill.
A. but B. than C. if D. because
24.Do you enjoy ________ English in our class, Mr. Green?
A. teach B. taught C. to teach D. teaching
25.Mid-Autumn Day usually ________ in September or October every year .
A. come B. comes C. is coming D. will come
26.Mike looks ________ than Paul, but they are of the same age.
A. youngest B. the youngest C. younger D. very young
27.—Where is Mrs. Smith?
—She isn’t here. She ________ to England .
A. has gone B. has been C. went D. goes
28.Mrs. Green is out. I have to ________ her baby.
A. look around B. look up
C. look for D. look after
29.—Dad, must I finish my homework today?
—No, you ________ . You may do it tomorrow.
A. needn’t B. mustn’t C. don’t D. won’t
30.Mr.Thin was very poor, ________ he was very happy.
A. and B. but C. or D. so
31.—Shall we leave now?
—Don’t hurry. We still have ________ time left.
A. little B. a little C. few D. a few
32.We’re in class. You’d better not
A. talk B. talking C. talked D. to talk
33.—Guess ________ I did yesterday!
—I think you went to a party.
A. where B. when C. what D. which
34.________ away this dirty shirt and bring me a clean one.
A. Pick B. Bring C. Carry D. Take