Ⅰ. Translate the following words and expressions from English into Chinese (10%)
1. favorable balance of trade
2. gross domestic product
3. fixed exchange rate system
4. commercial intercourse
5. bonds转自环 球 网 校edu24ol.com
9. terms of payment
Ⅱ. Translate the following words and expressions from Chinese into English(10%)
Ⅲ. Match the words and expressions on the left with the explanations on the right(10%)
21. revenue a. legal right of possession
22. dispute b. amount above what is estimated as necessary
23. bilateral c. the total annual income of a state
24. creditor d. something lent on condition of being returned, especially a sum of money lent at interest
25. remittance e. argument or controversy
26. anti-dumping f. the entire collection of investments in the form of stocks, bonds, or certificate of deposits for purposes other than controlling
27. margin g. of two sides
28. loans h. one form of action which may be taken by a government to protect industries from unfair competition by which goods are sold at a price lower than in the country where they are manufactured
29. ownership i. the sending of money or the money sent
30. portfolio j. a person to whom one owes money
Ⅳ. Make brief explanations of the following terms or give the full name of the abbreviation in English (10%)
31. international investment
32. a sight credit
33. the packing list
34. clean bill of lading
Ⅴ. Answer the following questions in English(20%)
36. What is a commercial invoice?
37. What is D/A?
38. What is the function of insurance?
39. What is a management contract?
Ⅵ. Translate the following into Chinese (15%)
40. In choosing a transportation mode for a particular product, shippers consider as many as six criteria: speed, frequency, dependability, capability, availability and cost. Thus if a shipper seeks speed, air and truck are the prime contenders. If the goal is low cost, then water and pipeline are the prime contenders.
41. The franchiser can develop internationally and gain access to useful information about the local market with little risk and cost, and the franchisee can easily get into a business with established products or services. Franchising is fairly popular especially in hotel and restaurant business.
Ⅶ. Translate the following into English(25%)